After the vehicle has passed the Salvage inspection, you may obtain a Reconstructed or Recovered Theft Title. A Salvage Repairable Theft will be branded Recovered Theft. All other Salvage Repairable brands will be branded Reconstructed.
- $75.00 fee, payable by cash, check or money order.
To process a Recovered Theft or Reconstructed Title:
- Bring the following documents when applying for a Recovered Theft or Reconstructed title:
- A completed RMV-1 application. If registering the vehicle, you must provide insurance certification. If applying to pay tax and title fees only, no insurance certification is required.
- A Salvage title with the information on the back completed.
- A completed inspection form signed by a state trooper.
- Registration fees, if applicable.
- You must bring all these forms in person to any full service RMV office