School Bus License

To operate a school bus in Massachusetts, you need a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a Passenger (P) Endorsement and a School Bus (S) Endorsement. You also need a School Bus Driver Certificate from the Department of Public Utilities (DPU).

For more information on the School Bus License, please read the School Bus Driver "S" Endorsement brochure.

To renew your School Bus Driver Instructor Certificate, click here

Translation Disabled  | Translation Support
Massachusetts Department of Transportation

MassDOT Gov Delivery MassDOT Twitter massrmv MassDOT Facebook MassDOT Youtube MassDOT Instagram MassDOT Blog MassDOT Site Policies MassDOT Developer Resources