What to Look for in a Driver's Education Program
You may want to consider the following when shopping around for a driver's education program.
Remember, take your time and shop smart. This is one of the most important investments
you may ever make!
Interview the driving school owner or manager
- Ask the owner how long the school has been in operation.
- Ask for a statement of school policies & procedures. It should include: classroom
hours and curriculum, in-car instruction and skills to be taught, how to book in-car hours,
payment policies, refund policies, and cancellation policies.
- Ask the owner or instructor what the classroom student to teacher ratio is for the
particular class you will be attending.
- Ask for references from people who have attended the school.
Visit the school
- Did you notice the RMV issued license posted in a visible place?
- Are all the licenses and instructor certifications up-to-date?
- Is the classroom clean with up-to-date facilities, equipment, and textbooks?
- What condition are the vehicles in? Are they clean? Do they have ABS brakes?
The RMV recommends that the vehicles are no older than 5-10 years old or have low