Branch Office Address:
77 Middlesex Street, Lowell
Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Current Wait Times
1 hour, 42 minutes, 52 seconds
1 hour, 49 minutes, 10 seconds
Wait times refreshed at
Hearings are not held at this branch
- All license, registration & title transactions, license plate returns, suspension payments, learner's permit testing and road tests.
- Written tests for Class D or M given 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (10:00 am - 5:00 pm on Thursdays for branches with extended hours).
- Written tests for Class A, B, or C given 9:00 am - 3:00 pm (10:00 am - 4:00 pm on Thursdays for branches with extended hours).
- E-ZPass MA Transponders available at this location.
Credit/Debit cards are not accepted for reinstatement fees. Make all checks payable to MassDOT.
- Registration: Cash,Check, and Money Orders
- Sales Tax: Cash, Check, and Money Orders
- License Transactions: Cash,Check, Money Orders, and Credit/Debit Cards. Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or American Express are accepted.