The MassDOT Transit Unit is proud to unveil its new Statewide Mobility Management Resource and Technical Assistance Center. The Center represents one of four major functional areas of the Transit Unit and builds on strong and trusted community and agency partnerships and the rich and valuable resources of MassDOT and its partner agencies in mobility management. While the Center is new, the concept that underlies its mission grew out of Governor Patrick’s Executive Order 530 transportation coordination initiative signed in 2011. Recognizing the necessity of creating a continuum of transit services regardless of who owns and operates the assets, the Center will work closely with public and private providers that offer multi-modal solutions to mobility problems with the goal to create a greener, healthier, more livable, and economically prosperous Commonwealth.
The Center will provide expert advice, technical assistance, research, and project management services. It will work in close collaboration with and draw upon the expertise of the:
- Regional Transit Authorities and the MBTA on questions related to fixed-route, demand-response and ADA paratransit operations
- New England Regional Bus network
- Massachusetts Rural Transit Assistance Program
- MassRIDES - worksite-based demand management programs, vanpooling, statewide ridesharing, and biking services
- Community Transit Grant Program –state and federal funding
- Executive Office of Health and Human Services on human service transportation
Please contact the Statewide Mobility Manager with questions at 857-368-8555.