Ex-Prisoner of War Motorcycle Plate


Ex-POW motorcycle plates are issued to former prisoners of war.

Ex-Prisoners of War are eligible for one (1) set of plates

Procedure to Obtain Ex-POW Motorcycle Plate:

You must present one of the following documents to a full service RMV office to verify your eligibility:

  • Honorable Discharge, DD-214, Release from Active Duty paperwork

In addition to the verification listed above, you will need a copy of your current registration (if applicable), a signed and stamped Application for Registration & Title (RMV-1 Form) from your insurance agent (if a newly purchased motorcycle), or a signed and stamped Application to Swap Plates (RMV-3 Form) from your insurance agent (if acquiring Ex-POW plates on an existing registration).


There is no fee for the issuance or the renewal of the Ex-POW motorcycle plate.

Renewal Cycle:

This plate must be renewed every year.

Printer icon, opens print window Print This Page

Translation Disabled  | Translation Support
Massachusetts Department of Transportation

MassDOT Gov Delivery MassDOT Twitter massrmv MassDOT Facebook MassDOT Youtube MassDOT Instagram MassDOT Blog MassDOT Site Policies MassDOT Developer Resources