Out-of-State Salvage Titles

All out-of state salvage vehicles, regardless of the year of manufacture, must pass the Salvage Inspection before they can be registered. ( see Salvage Inspections)

New York State Salvage Certificates

If a Massachusetts resident or a Massachusetts licensed dealer purchases a vehicle with a New York Salvage Certificate (907A form), the purchaser must apply for a Massachusetts Salvage Title prior to selling the vehicle or taking the vehicle for a Salvage Re-inspection. Reason: The 907A form is a certificate issued by an insurance company and is not a Salvage Title issued by the State of New York. (See Applying for a Salvage Title section)

Printer icon, opens print window Print This Page

Translation Disabled  | Translation Support
Massachusetts Department of Transportation

MassDOT Twitter massrmv MassDOT Facebook MassDOT Youtube MassDOT Blog MassDOT Site Policies MassDOT Developer Resources