This web page provides a single source location for the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT), Highway Division, CAD Standards, as well as links to all support files necessary for the preparation of CAD files relevant to highway projects.
The purpose of this CAD Standard is to standardize drawing information and improve electronic data sharing between disciplines within MassDOT and from consultants working for MassDOT.
All projects initiated after January 1, 2012 shall be created with and conform to the MassDOT Highway Division CAD Standards per Engineering Directive E-12-001.
To submit any questions or comments, or to be added to the Distribution List for notification of any updates to the CAD Standards send an email to: CAD.Standard@state.ma.us
Current MassDOT CAD Standards Revisions is a summary of modifications to the CAD Standard since the last release.
Complete CAD Standards Package
Each section is also available for individual download as listed below.
- The MassDOT Highway Division CAD Standards Manual contains information required for creating CAD files for MassDOT Highway Division.
- Survey and Design consultants performing survey work on projects funded, managed, or constructed by MassDOT shall conduct field surveys according to these guidelines.
- Manuals Download
AutoCAD Civil 3D Drawing Template
- Each MassDOT Highway Division section has a standard set of pre-defined layout sheets that shall be used for creating paper space layouts.
- Sheets Download
- Symbol and block libraries are available for each design section.
- Symbols Download
- A standard set of modifiable typical roadway cross sections is included in the MassDOT assemblies.
- Assemblies Download
CAD Standards Checker