The MassDOT Survey Section includes a Boston Survey Office and Survey Departments in each District office.
The MassDOT Survey Section:
- Manages the contracts for S1 - Engineering Field Survey, S2 - Total Station AutoCAD Base Plan Services, and S4 - Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
- Coordinates all MassDOT survey activities for design and construction projects.
- Provides photogrammetric & remote sensing services for design and construction projects.
- Operates and maintains the MaCORS Real-Time Network.
- Sets and maintains the statewide network of geodetic control.
- Maintains the information found on the Geodetic Control Interactive Map website.
- Maintains the boundaries of the Commonwealth and the records of city and town line boundaries.
- Maintains the information found on the Town Corners Interactive Map website.
- Maintains an archive of aerial photographs dating back to the 1930's.
- Handles requests for geodetic control points and aerial photography information
Forms, Publications & Documents