Friday, September 19 to Monday, September 22, overnight weekend lane closures on Storrow Drive eastbound will be implemented as follows:
- A single lane closure from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM on Friday.
- A double lane closure from 11:00 PM on Friday to 7:00 AM on Saturday.
- A single lane closure from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM on Saturday.
- A double lane closure from 11:00 PM on Saturday to 7:00 AM on Sunday.
- A double lane closure from 9:00 PM on Sunday to 5:00 AM on Monday.
All lanes will reopen to traffic at 5:00 AM on Monday, September 22. Lane closures will only be implemented if traffic volume allows.
During the October 11 and 12 MBTA Red Line diversion, MassDOT will implement the following two detour routes for Boston-bound traffic:
- Memorial Drive westbound to make a U-turn at Ames Street for access to Memorial Drive eastbound to Land Boulevard and Charles River Dam Road (Monsignor O’Brien Highway/Route 28) to reach Leverett Circle, or
- 3rd Street and Binney Street to reach Land Boulevard.
View the Boston Bound Detour Map.
Please note: Memorial Drive has truck restrictions.
In the current construction phase, one lane of traffic carries vehicles into Boston (using the former Cambridge-bound lane), except on MBTA Red Line diversion weekends. For the duration of the project, all Cambridge-bound traffic is being detoured using a signed route from Charles Circle following Charles Street to Leverett Circle, Monsignor O’Brien Highway/Charles River Dam Road and Edwin H. Land Boulevard. To learn more please review the detour route map. An alternate detour route uses Storrow Drive westbound to the Massachusetts Avenue Bridge. Please note: Storrow Drive and Memorial Drive have truck restrictions.
Emergency response, bicycle and pedestrian access, and MBTA Red Line service will be maintained across the bridge during construction.