Click to download the final Massachusetts Statewide Airport System Plan Executive Summary (7.1 mb) or Technical Report (5.6 mb). To download the Technical Report in chapters, please go to Documentation.
Pilots: Thank you for your survey participation! The input period for the Massachusetts Statewide Airport System Plan pilot survey is now closed.
Businesses: Thank you for your survey participation! The input period for the Massachusetts Statewide Airport System Plan business survey is now closed.
Open Airport Location Map The MassDOT Aeronautics Division is responsible for maintaining the statewide airport system plan for the 37 public-use general aviation airports throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The statewide airport system is a dynamic transportation asset that has been operated and developed to meet the state's diverse transportation and economic needs. Ensuring that this system remains vibrant and effective for the Commonwealth is a critical goal for the Aeronautics Division. As such, the Aeronautics Division has sponsored and initiated the Massachusetts Statewide Airport System Plan (MSASP), which will serve as an important tool for the Commonwealth to help shape key policies and direct the development needs of Massachusetts' system of airports for years to come. Generally, the MSASP will:
- Document the status of the current airport system
- Provide a long term vision for the system
- Identify system goals and related improvements
- Set priorities for system and airport funding
- Provide supporting data and materials
To ensure the effectiveness of the MSASP, a strategic approach has been developed to evaluate the public use airport system within the Commonwealth. The MSASP will provide guidance for the long term development of the Massachusetts Statewide Airport System and will embody the following characteristics:
- Quality: The MSASP will be technically sound.
- Flexibility: The MSASP will be visionary yet realistic, while providing insight into how the Commonwealth can best achieve its goals and objectives.
- Usefulness: The MSASP be useful to the Commonwealth and the key stakeholders of the statewide airport system.
- Involvement: The MSASP will be developed with the use of meaningful stakeholder and community outreach and interaction.